E-safety Advice and Safety Guides
- Know what your children are doing online and who they are talking to.
- Ask them to teach you to use any applications you have never used.
- Keeping the computer in a family room means that you can share your child’s online experience – and they are less likely to act inappropriately (i.e. via a webcam).
- Help you children to understand that they should never give out personal details to online friends.
- If your child receives junk email and text, remind them never to trust, reply or use them. It is not a good idea for your child to open files that are from people they do not know.
- Help your child to understand that some people lie online and that it is better to have their friends as online mates and not people they do not know.
- Always keep communication open for a child to know that it is never too late to tell someone if something makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Teach young people to block someone online and report it if they feel uncomfortable.